This home was built in 1896 by Edmond Pruett Sr. The original home was a two story frame with a half story above the two floors. the Pruetts brought acorns from live oak trees when they moved from Virginia and planted them in a square. These trees are the might oaks here today. The pine lumber was hauled by wagons from Louisiana and the flooring is 1-1/4 inches thick. There are 3 fireplaces with oak mantles.
The house has 12 foot ceilings and had porches on each of its four sides. A screened porch upstairs of the original house was used for sleeping. There were bedrooms upstairs, a hall, and a bath. The lower floor had a living room, dining room, kitchen, office-study, and a large entrance hall. This home was headquarters for a large ranching operation.
After the death of Edmond Pruitt, his wife Minnie, sold the house to J.J. Balderach. Mrs. Balderach sold the property to R.V. Young, who passed the property to Esther Drawhorn, his oldest daughter. The house was renovated in 1946 and 18 feet were taken off the height of the house.