Founded circa January 1946, Mr. C.F. Seaberg told his son Roy while they were attending a funeral at Linney Cemetery that he would give $1000 towards the purchase of land for a new cemetery.
First they purchased 10 acres from Mr. Bill Grifits around the curve on Kenefick Road. They drilled to check for water and found the land not suitable for cemetery use due to water.
Ten holes were drilled on land belonging to the Cannon family trust and found the land suitable for cemetery use. C.F. Seaberg and his son Roy Seaberg purchased the 10.4 acres from Mr. & Mrs. C.E. Cannon circa 1946. Because of Mr. C.F. Seaberg’s failing health the deed was made to Roy Seaberg. They then started developing the cemetery for immediate use.
April 3, 1947 Roy Seaberg gave the deed to seven (7) Trustees being A.W. Bulay, W.A. Conner, Floyd Fouts, M.W. Ford, Jr., J.F. Matthews, G.J. Peterson, and Roy Seaberg. At the first meeting Roy Seaberg was elected president, J.F. Matthews secretary and M.W. Ford, Jr. treasurer. (This account is according to Roy A. Seaberg, Sr.)